This blog heavily features brutal honesty. Not for the closed-minded makeup enthusiasts and/or makeup snobs. Viewer discretion is advised.

Friday, February 24, 2017

My First Althea Korea Haul

Asian skin care is all the rage nowadays, particularly Korean ones. I only recently got into Korean products because of my favorite YouTubers (Edward Avila, Joan Kim, Elainemokk, and Eunice from the wishtrend channel). I realized that I needed to up my skin care game because of them. I also wanted to personally see what's the deal with Korean products and how they are different from the usual Western and local drugstore skin care products that I purchase.

Because of that, I became a lurker of online shops that carry K-beauty products such as Althea Korea, Wishtrend, StyleKorean, and Soko Glam. After much deliberation (price and estimated arrival time comparisons), I finally decided to get my hands on some korean products through Althea Korea.




My first transaction from them was on January 21, 2017. The box arrived after 14 days. I took advantage of the Chinese New Year Sharing is Caring Sale wherein I got 2 for the price of 1 + a freebie: PureSmile Snail Treatment + a gift certificate worth 188php! I was able to purchase the ever-popular Klairs Supple Preparation Toner and Cosrx Low PH Cleanser for a total price of 880php which is definitely a pretty good deal. My second transaction was on February 15, 2017 and the package arrived after 8 days. I was surprised because the estimated date of arrival is after 10-15 days. 


My purchases:

  • Klairs Supple Preparation Toner
  • Cosrx Low PH Cleanser
  • Skin Food Black Sugar Mask
  • Y.E.T. Hello Aloe Vera Gel
  • Benton Snail Bee Essence
  • W-Lab Sebum Out Powder (forgot to include it in the photo)
  • Freebie: PureSmile Snail Treatment


I'll be doing a review on most of these products on the near future. I'm giving myself an ample time to try the products out so that I can review them properly. Stay tuned!

So far, my experience with Althea has been great. They have a good selection of products, competitive pricing, and reasonable delivery time. The website is really easy to navigate through. They offer free direct shipping from Korea. I'm lazy af so I'm really glad that paypal is included in their payment methods. I also really like the fact that I am able to keep track of my order.


Thinking of purchasing from Althea Korea?
Use my referral code for an additional 50php discount (total of 350php worth of new member discounts instead of just 300php) - Click here to create an account and start shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment